Are you an entrepreneur with an innovative company? Do you believe your company will grow fast? Then we encourage you to participate in the competition for the Young Technology Award 2016: the award for innovative companies!
The Young Technology Award is an annual competition for innovative young (< 10 years) companies from the Netherlands. The winner is announced during a festive and international final in Enschede (without prejudice).
Not an innovative entrepreneur, but do you know innovative entrepreneurs?
We would like to invite you to alert innovative entrepreneurs to this competition.
Six reasons to participate:
1. You have a chance of winning € 5000
2. You can pitch your business case to an audience of international investors, journalists and potential partners
3. A professional pitch training
4. A professional video production
5. Media attention
6. You will receive independent feedback from jury members and experts to enrich your business case
Martin Nieuwmeijer, company Flexxolutions, winner Young Technology Award 2014:
“Flexxolutions won the Young Technology Award in 2014 with it’s design of disinfection mats and toilets for refugee camps. This victory over 5 competitors gave us a lot of free regional publicity to make our company known in a wider group of people. Especially in the group of potential employees and professional partners it gave high attention value. Over more than a year many people reflected this winning of the Technology Award as a prove of a successful technical company in realizing innovative new products.”
The Young Technology Award
The Young Technology Award is intended to put young, innovative companies or innovative business cases in the spotlight. Are you looking for media attention, new customers, new employees and a wider network? And do you want to measure your business strategy against those of other companies? Then the Young Technology Award is for you!
To be able to take part, your entry must meet a number of criteria. These can be found under the heading ‘entry criteria’.
Your entry will consist of a fully completed registration form and the confirmation of receipt. Subsequently, a pre-event will be organized where you will pitch your idea/product/business.
Pre-event & Nominations
After entries have closed, a pre-event will be organized where you will pitch your idea to a jury. At the end, the jury will nominate a number of finalists. The jury will consist of experts in the field of finance, marketing and business development. Because each participant can pitch his/her idea/product/business, everyone has a fair chance to participate. Attendance is compulsory.
Before the final takes place, a pitch training will be organized for the nominees. At this workshop you will learn about the ins and outs of a good pitch. Attendance is compulsory.
At the final, the nominated companies or business cases will be invited to defend their entries to the jury. The language at the final will be English.
Nominees have 3 minutes to present their pitch, after which they will be asked a number of questions by the jury. The pitches will alternate with other elements of the program. Immediately after the jury’s deliberations, the award will be presented to the winning initiative.
The first prize is 5,000 euros which can be used to further develop your idea/product/company.
- You submit a business case concerning an innovation that:
- can be defined as a technically new physical product, physical production process, software or components thereof;
- is formulated based on your own company, and/or
- is produced by an alliance of companies and/or knowledge institutions, including at least one businessThe company is not more than 10 years old
- R&D activities must demonstrably take place in your own company
- The company is based on an innovation with potential turnover and/or successfully achieved milestones. Pilots with potentials clients should at least take place.
- The company is connected with one of the following sectors: High-Tech Systems & Materials (HTSM), Plastics & Chemicals, Healthcare/Life Sciences, ICT, or crossovers that have been created between these sectors and the Agrofood, Leisure Economy, Energy and Construction sectors.
If your idea/product/business does not meet one of these criteria, the registration is insufficient to join the Young Technology Award 2016.
Wall of fame
SoundEnergy – winner 2015
Flexxolutions – winner 2014
Dovideq Medical – winner 2012
Solmates – winner 2010
Blue4Green – winner 2009
Virobuster – Winner 2008
The Young Technology Award is organized by Powered by Twente Innovation Events in collaboration with Kennispark Twente, EY (Ernst & Young), PPM Oost, Leap (The Innovation Agency) and The University of Twente.
Registering is not possible at the moment. More information soon.